homeAbout UsTeachingPartiesFor the HomeFreebies

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Fever



This is a picture of our dogwood trees that we made a couple of weeks ago. We colored in trees that were drawn by my fabulous artistic assistant and then glued on popcorn to resemble dogwood trees. The kids really like doing this activity and especially eating the left over popcorn! :)




Here is an activity that we did with our Dr. Seuss theme back in March. We like math---especially anything that we can eat later! Ha!




Here is a picture from our Kite Day that I planned and will probably NEVER do again. Ugh! Wow....this was the first time I did this and it was one of the most craziest days ever! Putting each kite together was the worst! The cheap kites broke....the kids got tangled up together....kids that broke their kites cried.......it just was not a good experience. IF I do this again in the future, I will ask for a parent for every child to be there.




As I'm planning for the week ahead I wanted to share with you a few ideas that I have done this spring so far. I'm having a hard time coming up with some good Easter crafts for my firsties to do this upcoming week so I'm hoping some of you can share your ideas with me!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there with the kite day! Our first grade team has done it for 3 years and counting. We learned you need to designate kids in a certain wide open area, teach them to stay away from others while flying and let them know it WILL break eventually. Plus, we had an AMAZING parent turn out. They did an awesome job with assembly and during the flight!

    Plus, the kids loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete